Installing new cabinetry is one of the most exciting things any homeowner can do. It also tends to be pretty confusing since you can go to your local big box store and buy pre-packages cabinetry, assemble it and “DIY” the installation. When it comes to cabinetry, there is a wide range of options from which to choose and those options come at a huge range of price points. And, while you could attempt to DIY the project, there are many reasons why most would agree that you should not. Choosing custom cabinetry is an ideal choice for many reasons and it does not have to break the bank! Below are 3 reasons to install custom cabinetry in your home.
3 Reasons to Install Custom Cabinetry
- Better Organization Choices
- When you opt for pre-fabricated cabinets you are stuck choosing form the limited options they have for organization. But, with custom cabinetry, you can literally create any type of organization that you need. If you have an extensive collection of cookbooks you can have additional shelving installed. If you have lots of pots and pans you can have special racks and organization items installed within the cabinetry to make storage easier and more efficient. If you have limited mobility or just want easier access you can have pull-out shelving installed to make accessing even the furthest items in the back much easier.
- Better Construction
- If there is one primary reason that you should install custom cabinetry it is that they are just made better. Custom cabinetry construction is of superior quality which means your investment will be more durable and last much longer – ultimately providing a better return on your investment. Not only will custom cabinetry be more durable but the superior quality will look much better from an aesthetic perspective. The beauty of custom cabinetry elevates the overall design aesthetic of the room.
- Flexibility of Design
- When you choose to buy pre-packaged cabinetry from a big box store you are stuck choosing from whatever cabinet dimensions and configurations they have decided to sell. But, as we know, homes are incredibly unique and that means they usually need custom cabinetry to accommodate their unique dimensions if you want the cabinetry to look seamless with the rest of the room and not like it has been forced to try to fit in the space.
Wrought iron is a strong, timeless material and has been used in architectural design and décor for centuries. Wrought iron adds beauty and value to your property in a way that no other material possibly can. But, possibly one of the biggest advantages is that wrought iron adds immense security because of its strength. Wrought iron is not easily weathered, damaged or knocked over so you have the peace of mind that you can keep the things inside that you want to (children, pets, etc.), and keep the things outside that you want to (unknown persons, animals, etc.) Unlike wood or vinyl fences or gates, there is very little maintenance needed to keep your wrought iron looking great. Additionally, you can achieve any architectural design style or aesthetic that you want with a custom wrought iron gate and its beauty and unique style will accent your home’s architectural design. There are many ways to incorporate an eye-catching wrought iron gate into your home’s architecture. Below are 3 ways that you can use a wrought iron gate in your home to add beauty and value.
3 Ways to Incorporate a Wrought Iron Gate Into Your Home’s Design
- There are few things more elegant and impressive than a gated entry your driveway. You will wow your guests with the beauty and style of a wrought iron gated entry to your driveway. But, perhaps even better than impressing people, it will add a tremendous amount of security to your home. With a wrought iron driveway gate you will have complete control over who you allow onto your property and who you do not.
- Front Entry
- A small or large wrought iron gate can be used to set the tone for the entry to your home. As your guests walk up a path to your front door they will pass through elegantly adorned wrought iron gates before coming to your front door. Additionally, a wrought iron gate makes a great addition to a home’s front courtyard entry.
- Garden Entry
- A peaceful garden can be a wonderful, secluded place to experience nature. If you have a lovely garden that is in an enclosed portion of your landscape, consider creating an entryway to your garden that will not only set the tone but make the experience even more beautiful. A wrought iron gate is a wonderful hardscape element to incorporate into your garden so that your landscape has the perfect balance of both softscape and hardscape.
When it comes to flooring, limestone is one of the most popular stone choices. Architects and home owners alike enjoy using limestone in home design because of its beauty, timeless appeal, and durability. Because of its timeless appeal and durability, it is a great investment for homeowners because it adds value to your home and natural stone makes your home more appealing for resale. Limestone comes in a variety of colors and patterns so it is conducive to being used in multiple architectural or décor styles or aesthetics. Limestone is a softer material so it actually feels softer to the touch which can be appealing to homeowners who are replacing carpet because it still feels nice on their feet. It tends to be more neutral so it lends itself well to many modern home design aesthetics. Limestone is available in such colors as Bianca, Lueders, and Riviera Beige which are neutral stone colors. Below are 3 reasons why limestone flooring is a great choice for home flooring.
3 Reasons to Use Limestone Flooring in Your Home
- While some homeowners love a rustic look, not all homeowners do. Many current trends in home design lend themselves well to a timeless appeal – clean lines, neutral patterns and neutral colors. Neutral flooring can withstand time and trends well because it is the elegant yet unobtrusive background on which homeowners can imprint their own décor style. Whether you live in the home for decades or move in a few years, you will know that your investment in limestone will still be stylish and beautiful.
- Limestone is a natural stone and can withstand even heavy traffic without experiencing unsightly or frustrating damage. In fact, there are many ancient structures that were built with limestone that have been not only standing but looking great for thousands of years! In fact, limestone is one of the few flooring materials that tends to look better with age and wear – it just keeps getting more beautiful.
- Low Maintenance
- Limestone flooring is exceptionally easy to maintain. All it needs is to be properly sealed upon installation (and re-sealed at regular intervals to maintain the sealant’s protective capabilities) and then simple, routine cleaning will keep your floor clean and looking great! Limestone is also a popular choice among allergy sufferers or those who are immunosuppressed because it is so easy to clean and maintain that it makes it a simple task to maintain a hygienic atmosphere. In fact, limestone is actually a hypoallergenic flooring material!
If you are considering installing new custom kitchen cabinetry you are probably trying to determine just what type of material and finish will look best in your home. There are so many types of wood from which to choose and then you must decide if you want to stain it or paint it. And, what colors and tones do you want your kitchen cabinetry to have? There are many choices to make and while some trends come and go, some styles are simply timeless and make a wise investment for any homeowner. Investing in custom kitchen cabinets is always a great idea because kitchen renovations have time after time proven to be a home renovation with a good return on investment. And, when you choose to install custom cabinetry, you know it will add value and unique beauty to your home that stock cabinetry would not be able to. When making a decision about custom cabinetry you should consider current trends, your home’s style and how to make a timeless investment in your home. Below are 3 trends in kitchen cabinetry that will help inspire your new custom kitchen cabinets.
3 Trends in Kitchen Cabinetry
- Shaker Style
- Though flat panel doors are still quite popular, no one can deny that shaker style cabinets are all the rage right now. But, the best part of this trend is that shaker style cabinets have been around for a long time and their style is timeless and very transitional. Shaker style cabinets are simple in style with minimal adornments and recessed panels in the center of the door. Because they are transitional in nature, they can be used in a variety of home design styles and they will look great decade after decade.
- Color Makes a Comeback
- White has undoubtedly been the hot kitchen cabinet trend for a few years but color is making a comeback when it comes to kitchen cabinets. Not only will light shades of gray be a huge color trend in kitchen cabinetry in the coming years but other colors as well. Darker cabinets are coming back, mixing two different colors or finishes with cabinetry is very popular, and even bold, unique colors like jewel tones are very popular right now.
- Functional Cabinetry
- When homeowners invest in custom cabinetry it is a great time to make their kitchen cabinetry really function well for their unique needs. Because homeowners have the choice of what functional features their cabinetry will have, they have a great opportunity to incorporate interesting features such as built-in charging stations for technology, a place to hold/display technology like iPads. Additionally, better and smarter storage for the types of things you most frequently use in your kitchen can help you maximize your storage space.